Monday, April 14, 2008

Are You A Universalist too?

The world as I knew it came to a streaking halt a few months ago, and I’m so grateful today that it did. I had just changed careers, or should I say I stopped working for someone else and went to work for myself. This was when the unexpected happened. I was so excited to become a Realtor and I thought “I can do this, but I have a lot to learn. I need to educate myself and develop sales skills.” This meant I needed to figure out what qualities I already had that I could tap into to be a great salesperson, boy I had no idea what I was in for. So, I began asking questions and hanging around successful Realtor’s, trying my best to train myself. When one day one of the loan officers from the neighboring mortgage company came in raving about this new book she saw on Oprah, called the “Secret.” She went on and on about how it can change your life and inspire you to be a better person and get all the things you want in life. Well, being in this personal/training/ learning curve I was on, I ran right out a bought it, not knowing just how significant this book would be in my life. To say the least it changed everything! I bought the un-bridged version book on CD read by the author Rhonda Byrne. In the first five minutes I thought I was entering into another world. I was in awe. I don’t remember what exactly she said, because it wasn’t as much what she said that was important, as how she said it. It was like a light bulb going off in my head for the first time. I’m responsible for my own life? This was whole new concept for me. You mean to tell me; my dysfunctional life was my fault? Part of me was saying Halleluiah! While the other part was saying, I would never create this for myself. This “Awakening” as I like to call it has really brought a lot of things to the fore front. I discovered through more research of the teachings of Abraham by Jerry and Ester Hicks that I didn’t intentionally create this for myself (thank God), but I was indeed the one responsible. By not intentionally setting a path for myself; my life has been running on “auto-pilot” and I’ve been blaming anyone and everyone for what’s happened to me thus far. I’ve been playing the victim most of my life and wanting everyone around me to feel bad for me. When in realty I’ve been the abuser. I’ve been self-sabotaging my own success. WOW! See what I mean by “Awakening?” Can you relate?
Everything was beginning to come together with my new “awakening” and my quest to be a successful business owner. I began to question “How can I be a successful Realtor and business owner when I’ve be self-sabotaging myself in all other areas of my life” then the statement from Tony Robins made a world of sense all the sudden – “You have to BE before you can HAVE!
DUH! Light bulbs again!
So here I am in this huge arena of personal development and a real estate career that is really beginning to explode (yes, even in a declining market). I now believe it’s not the external conditions of our society that makes a successful person; it’s the goods on the inside. And we all were born with all the tools necessary to create our own world, with our number one universal goal of joy and love.
Now, that I’m on this path so many great things have been flowing into my life almost like magic and I’m filled with so much I want to share with others that are on this same path of “awakening.”

No comments: