Friday, November 27, 2009

Profound Encounter

It was a pleasure and an honor to meet you today! Is all that came to mind out the end of this profound encounter? In one day I met a man, grew to love him, his family and his closest friends, and have decided to dedicate my life in light of what I learned about him in just one day. It was a quite introduction for he was a man of very little words, which was okay with me because for the most part words get in the way. As I sat down in his presence he began to tell the tales of his life and the truth was unfolding before my eyes. First, he shared pictures of his fondest memories with me. Then, one by one I heard the stories of his generosity and love. As I witnessed the unfolding of the stories a bubbling desire within my own soul was beginning to surface. I thought to myself “I wish I was like him” “I wish I had these stories.”
One by one family and friends rose to be heard. One by one they told stories of his kindness, love, and generosity. Some stories were about his giving heart and some were about his integrity and about how he went above and beyond to lend a helping hand. He gave without expectations and without others knowing what he was doing. He found pure joy in his own giving. Some stories of his giving heart were just being heard for the first time by many. My favorite stories were the ones about his tough love and the imprint he left on the lives of his loved ones. He was referred to as a helper, a healer, a “God like Spirit.” He helped others get an education, get off drugs, become successful, and most importantly he inspirited them to a better quality of life.
I met a man who was not famous or rich beyond reach, he was not educated with a PHD, he was not a scholar of any kind. But make no mistake he was no ordinary man. He was a father, a husband, an entrepreneur, a grandfather, a friend, a boss, a giver, and an inspiration to everyone that came within his reach.
I’ve never seen so many stand up in honor of their loved one before. He touched and inspirited more people than he’ll ever know. He even uplifted and inspired me, without even knowing my name, for the day I met this man was the day of his funeral. I never encounter the physicality of him before, however I met an extraordinary spirit. One I’ll never forget. This was the first person I ever met in spirit first and desire with all my heart to be as much as an up-lifter as he was. I just want to say it was a pleasure and an honor to meet you today!

Embrace

No comments: